Skip to content
- Build Night! Bring a set to assemble!
- LEGO Convention Overview: Bricks In The Six 2019
- Presentation by Andrew Wheeler.
- LUGBULK update and discussion.
- Stephen Churchill, Paul Dawe, John Gillingham, Paula Gillingham, Geoff Stevens, Jasen Vokey, Andrew Wheeler, Matthew Zwicker, Rielly Mitchell
- Bricks In The Six:
- A LEGO fan convention called Bricks In The Six was held in August 2019 in Toronto, Ontario.
- NewfoundLUG member Andrew Wheeler presented some slides describing the event and his experience there. Thanks Andrew! You can view his slides below.
- LUGBULK Update:
- Some test orders have been received using the Test Order Form.
- As of Nov 6, approximately $4,500 worth of test orders had been received. The minimum total order for the LUG to participate in the LUGBULK program is approximately $7,000.
- Next steps:
- Submit test order if you haven’t already.
- LEGO will release the 2020 parts list in December 2019 or January 2020.
- We will then review our parts shortlist and drop any parts showing no interest, and possibly add some parts that are new to the 2020 list.
- We will then take real orders from members and submit to LEGO in March 2020.
- Christmas Party
- Agreed to hold a small Christmas Party for the LUG – details to follow via Facebook and this web page.
- Scheduling of Next Meetings
- Noted we need to schedule our regular meetings and build nights for 2020. These will also be provided via Facebook and this website.
- Set Giveaway
- Another set was given away from the Activity Support sets. Members were entered into the draw as per the points program and a winner was selected by the Wheel of Names.
- 76129 Hydro-Man Attack was the set up for grabs this time. It has a small Venice scene, 4 minifigures, a bunch of trans-blue, a variety of web elements, a gondola, a cafe and a rat!
- Matt Zwicker was the lucky winner. Congrats!